2008年10月23日 星期四

The airport under the wing

I took this picture while I was in the flight to Shanghai weeks ago. I was sitting by the wing so I could see the operation of the wing. That night we took off using runway 07R, that means I would have Ma Wan under my feet when the airplane left Hong Kong.

Under the wing you can see some lights and a blur image of the Hong Kong International Airport. It's such a beautiful picture, although it is quite blur.

The Hong Kong International Airport is a two-runway airport, that means it has 2 runways. Usually one is for take off while another one is for landing. In most cases, all take-off and landing airplanes head to the same direction because head wind makes take off and landing easier.

The flaps are extension of the wing. They are extended during take off and landing to increase the lift while the airplane slows down. The airplane must slow down during landing because landing in high speed is very dangerous!


3 則留言:

匿名 提到...

Hi Nickie,
How can you take such photo?The film is fun.Write soon.
4E06

匿名 提到...

Hi Miss Nicke,I'm Jenny Ho,now your GutGut is already feel better. I hope so.
3C (14)

Miss Nickie 提到...

Hi Jerry,

Thanks very much, GutGut has recovered. He's sleeping, eating and playing with his brother as usual.

Miss Nickie