2008年10月30日 星期四

Airplanes and Airport

I took these pictures in Shanghai (again). This Boeing 777-300ER is getting loaded with food at the side of its door. Airplanes are always busy at airport. They don't just rest there, they need to add more fuel for the next journey, get loaded with food and water, be cleaned up, be checked for any damage... ...

Boeing 777-300ER can fly one of the longest routes in the world, and because of the long distance it covers, it needs two BIG engines to power. Can you imagine how big the engines are? The diameter of the engines are more than 2m (taller than a door!).


I realise how similar airports can be nowadays. You see, this is Shanghai Pudong Airport, does it remind you of our Hong Kong International Airport? And guess what, Terminal 3 of Beijing International Airport looks more or less the same!


4 則留言:

匿名 提到...

Dear Nickie,
The airpots is cleaner than
Hong Kong airpots.

Miss Nickie 提到...

Oh, that means we have to keep our airport clean when we are there. We have to keep a good image of Hong Kong.

I really hope Hong Kong airport will be extending soon.

Miss Nickie

匿名 提到...

Dear Miss Nickie,your Gut Gut is cute.Can you bring it to the school?Because I want to play with it.I waut to be it's friend.

3C (14) Jenny Ho

Miss Nickie 提到...

Hi Jenny,

I'm afraid it's quite difficult to bring GutGut to school because he's so used to stay at home.

And he may get too nervous if he goes out.

But I hope I can post more photos of GutGut and his brothers in the future.

Miss Nickie