2008年10月7日 星期二

Hiking @ Chung Yeung Festival

It was Chung Yeung Festival (or the "Double Ninth Festival") yesterday, I went hiking with my 3 friends. Traditionally, the Chinese commemorate their ancestors and climb high in this festival. I don't need to commemorate my ancestors (it's just not my family practice), but I chose to climb high with my friends. It felt so good to walk in the countryside because the air is fresh and it's good to have some exercises.


We hiked from Tsuen Wan to Tai Po, along Shing Mun Reservoir, yesterday. It is the most inland area in Hong Kong so the only things we could see were trees and hills. And because of the location, trees can grow much taller here.

Now you can see how tall the trees are!

We saw some animals when we hiked yesterday, the most common was monkey, as you may know, we can find most monkeys living around Shing Mun Reservoir. You have to be careful with the monkeys, don't feed them, because they may attack you and snatch your food.

Another animal we saw was a cow. Yes, it was a REAL cow. It was calmly eating grass, and ignored our existence when we approached to take photos. I guess it just gets used to human beings and so it was not afraid of us. Again, we were very careful when getting near it, not to harm or irritate it.
After a short hike (which lasted less than 3 hours), we arrived Tai Po and went to my friend's house to have some cooking fun. It was such a happy and healthy holiday.

I'll leave Hong Kong to Shanghai today and will not be in school on Thursday and Friday. So I'll see you next Monday. : )

Miss Nickie

4 則留言:

匿名 提到...

Hi Nickie,
The cow is very big.Why can you take photos with cow?The cow will see you.
4E06

匿名 提到...

Dear Nickie,

This is Kiri from 4E.

The cow is big and black.
Did you enjoy the hiking?
I think it to be happy.
And the tree are tall!
Cheng Wing kwan
4E
05

匿名 提到...

Dear Nickie,

HI,I'am Alysa.I nerver go to hiking.Because my parents was busy.I think hiking is nice because i can see a great mountain scenery and the air is fresh.I am frightened by the cow because
they will hit me.If English exam is good.I think my parents will take me to go hiking.Then,i
can see the other animals there.

Love,
6c Alysa Chan(3)

Miss Nickie 提到...

Hi all,

Hiking is fun, and you can enjoy the fresh air and beautiful scenery.

If you happen to see animals in the wild, don't be too scared because they are probably scared by your existence, too. Don't be too afraid that the animal will hurt you because if you don't have a bad intention to harm the animals, they won't do you harm, just keep a safe distance with them and stay calm.

Miss Nickie