2008年10月5日 星期日

It's fun to visit the Science Museum!

Yesterday, I visited the Science Museum at Tsim Sha Tsui because I wanted to see the deep sea creature exhibition. It was such a great fun to visit the museum because there are lots of things to explore and see.

The deep sea creature exhibition was great, there were many specimens and photos about bizarre animals which look more like from another planet! Of course, human have not explored most of the ocean so far, so there is still chance to find more and more new creatures.

One of the exhibits is this mirror fun. We all look at the mirror everyday, but what we don't know is how illusions can be made by mirrors.

In this photo, you can see my reflection in the mirror. My friend Barry is holding a camera but you can't see him. It's a little difficult to explain what happened and why did it happen here. So I suggest you to have a look at the Science Museum yourself.

How many Miss Nickies are here? This is an easy trick done by mirrors called multiple reflection. Just two mirrors with carefully adjusted angles can create lots of images.

If you visit the museum, one of the big things that will stun you is this aircraft named Betsy. Betsy is the first aircraft of Cathay Pacific Airways and is now retired and rests forever on the ceiling of the museum. This aircraft is about 70 years old!

2 則留言:

匿名 提到...

Dear Miss Nickie,

I also went there with my friend. It has many games to play there and I enjoyed to visit the Science Museum very much!

Best regards,
Shiu Yat Lam
4E (22)

Miss Nickie 提到...

Hi Yat Lam,

How about other museums? Have you been to other museums?

I think it's really good to visit the museums because I can always learn something new there.

Miss Nickie