2008年9月22日 星期一

I hugged a dolphin~!

Now I finally have time and energy to write this blog. Yes, I was hugging a dolphin in Ocean Park. it was my birthday this year and I decided to give myself a dolphin encounter as a birthday gift. This dolphin is Pinky, she was born in Ocean Park. She is 11 years old and still living happily and healthily.
I really like spending some time with dolphins because I believe they are intelligent animals and they have emotions and affection. I hopefully look forward to swimming with dolphins!

This picture was taken in October last year in Okinawa, Japan. In this ocean park you can see lots of different dolphins. I was so close that I could actually touch them! (but I didn't because I know my hands were not clean and I didn't want the dolphin to get infected by the germs staying on my hand.)

5 則留言:

匿名 提到...

Miss Nickie,
You like a dolphin??
I like a dolphin.It is because a dolphin can make people happy and they are very cute.You think so??
You are very beaitful.I like you very mush.^^

Love,
christy 6C {6}

Miss Nickie 提到...

Hi Christy,

Yeah, I agree, dolphins can make people happy! And in some Western countries, people suffered from some diseases have a kind of therapy in which they swim with dolphins in a pool!

I really want to swim with dolphins~!

Miss Nickie

匿名 提到...

The dolphin is very cute.

匿名 提到...

Dear Miss Nickie,
Does dolphin eat fish?
Did you feed the dolphin?
Does the dolphin see well?

Love,
Law Ming Yin 4E 14

Miss Nickie 提到...

Hi Ming Yin,

Of course, dolphins eat fish, and they eat a lot of fish everyday!

In this program I did feed the dolphin with fish. But I must be careful so that my fingers would not be biten accidentally by it!

I think dolphins can see quite well. And I'm sure they have excellent hearing ability and a sonic system. Can you see the hump on the dolphin's head? It's for receiving the ultrasonic wave emitted by themselves to locate the food!

Thanks for asking these intelligent questions! Let's find out more about dolphins later!

Miss Nickie