2008年9月13日 星期六

I have control

Dear Students,

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!

I was so so so excited, because I had my first helicopter experience yesterday. Yes, I was actually flying a helicopter with my teacher. My excitement lasted for one whole day, and even now when I think of it, I still feel excited!


The helicopter I flew was R22, registration number B-HJN, but when we called the air traffic control, we didn't say "B H J N", we said "Bravo Hotel Juliet November" to avoid confusion from pronunciation.

You see the helicopter flying? This is the one I flew yesterday. It is a really light helicopter.
My teacher, Mr. Kenny, was a good teacher and he told me how to control a helicopter. There are 3 things to control, the pedal, the cyclic stick and the collective pitch. So co-ordination is important because your left hand, right hand and two legs can be moving at different directions and magnitude at the same time!

The following is the flight path I had yesterday, we departed from Kai Tak, exited at Lei Yue Mun Channel, passed Junk Bay and made a turn when we reached Sai Kung. We were at about 1,000 feet high, although the visibility was quite poor these days, I managed to recognise many landscapes in Hong Kong. The flight was quite smooth except some turbulence at the leeward of hill.

I was flying with Mr. Kenny and when he wanted to let me control the helicopter, he would say, "You have control". When I heard it, I had to first grip the control, then say, "I have control", Mr. Kenny will let me drive the helicopter.

I am still very happy and excited about the helicopter flying experience, looking forward to flying again soon!

沒有留言: